So this is going to be a very awkward transition from the adorable tea party photo above, but I'm having an affair with Earl Grey tea. And yes, it's hot and it's steamy. I've always kind of liked the idea of afternoon tea in a very twee Country Mouse sort of way. But it's been until relatively recently that I've actually partook in the regular drinking of tea. I like my new habit.As Michael Scott once said, "Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information." Thus, here are some fun facts from Wikipedia about Earl Grey tea. Cue English grandmother narration:
"Earl Grey tea is a tea blend with a distinctive flavour and aroma derived from the addition of oil extracted from the rind of the bergamot orange, a fragrant citrus fruit. Traditionally the term "Earl Grey" was applied only to black tea; however, today the term is also applied to green teas, including white teas and oolong...and is bright, tart and refreshing."
I've learned two interesting things from this Wikipedia entry. A.) "oolong" is a hilariously funny word and B.) Earl Grey comes from the rind of an orange, which is quite odd considering I hate oranges and I find this tea flavor delicious.
P.S. If I lived in the 1800's I could have had a love affair with Earl Grey himself.

On second thought... do not want! His spooky eyes and freakishly long neck are scaring me.
And finally, in case you don't know how to make a proper cuppa tea, here's a video demonstration.
1 comment:
A) Do they call it a "cuppa" in England too? I was always being asked "Care for a cuppa?" everywhere in NZ.
B) I'm not sure whether I should love or hate that guy. At the very least, I can say this: He would fit right in with the cast of Winning London.
Post a Comment