I am notorious for wiping out. Hill or flat terrain, sober or drunk, it makes no difference. I will be there, butt hurting and covered in snow. One time, I was walking on a flat sidewalk on campus during passing time and my feet flew out from under me. I ended up crashing into a row of bikes locked on a bike rack, which proceeded to fall like dominoes. I kind of looked like this, except replace the skis with tires.

In an attempt to thwart or at least lessen my average number of winter tumbles and the Curse of the Frozen Toes, I have recently invested in some new boots. It wasn't an easy challenge. It seems most boots are suffering from Ugg Syndrome; boots have become increasingly large, oddly shapen and well, hoof-like. I find Uggs sort of hideous, really. Like something Frodo would wear and brag to Sam about. I accept that they're comfortable. I'm sure they are, I really do. But do you wear your slippers outside just because they're comfortable? Have you donned your bath robe as an evening jacket lately? Does your baby blanket double as a scarf?
So after days of shopping, I finally found some relatively stylish, non-hobbity looking boots.

The brand is Privo, which is an offshoot of Clark's of England. I've only been wearing them a week, but so far I think they're great. They're nice and warm and comfy and waterproof but not bulky. Plus, there appears to be a lot of grooves for traction on the bottom. Score!
Privo Kaley Boot
No comments:
Post a Comment