
The great thing about Chicago is that if you want go out at night, all you have to do is open your front door, start walking, and you'll soon run into a bar/dive/club. There's tons of places. But, obviously, some are better than others. And now that I've been here for a while, I've got a few favorites.
Let's talk about Danny's. Danny's is a bar in Bucktown. I first discovered Danny's through Paul, husband to my wonderful amazing college roommate and friend, Steph.
I like it for the following reasons:
1.) The music. Oh my God, the music. It is very eclectic and changes depending on the night and the DJ, from soul, funk, 80's, reggae, indie, punk and I don't know what else, but I know they are JAMS. I mean, come on, they have a whole night devoted to The Smiths every month. What is not to like?
2.) Dancing. It is a very difficult and demanding task to find an ideal dancing atmosphere. Too much light, creepy people, slutty people, bad music, no one dancing, people that are too cool for school -- all can really ruin one's dancing experience. Danny's is usually the opposite. People get down.
3.) It kind of looks like someone's old apartment. The are little sitting nooks. It's quite dark and lit with candles, which makes everyone slightly more attractive.
4.) The bartenders are generally nice and laid-back. Cheap, strong drinks (under $5). Enough said.
Downside: It can get kind of crowded and hot, mostly on weekends. Cash only.
Danny's
1951 W Dickens Ave
Chicago
(773) 489-6457
1 comment:
"People get down." LOL, by far my favorite part of this post! Ok Sarah Beara, now that I am back into the U.S we need to decide on a good weekend for me to come and visit you! Take a look at your schedule and see if you can give me a couple different weekends to choose from and then I will check my schedule...sound good? ciao bella!
Post a Comment