December 14, 2008

The Best Blanket Ever

I'm one of those people who are always cold during the winter. I am also one of those people who nest. Not nesting like in painting the walls of an unborn child's nursery, but nesting in that I like to be wrapped up, constricted in cocoon-like ways. I like layers. I like warmth. If I were magically changed into a caterpillar, I wouldn't be unhappy.

That's probably why I am quasi-obsessed with this multipurpose body wrap blanket I received as a gift. One way you can use it is as a normal blanket. Here you can see it doing an excellent job blanketing my bed:


But you can also zip some exciting zippers and snap some exciting snaps, and just like one of those kickass Transformers, it morphs into this wearable wrap with sleeves. Sleeeves, people. Here you can see me taking a picture of myself donning the body wrap feature, looking eerily like a mischievous medieval monk, and continuing to make my roommates think I'm weird:


Don't I look warm and comfortable!? And the zips and snaps ensure that the blanket stays on your person. That way you can not only lie on your couch and type on your laptop and read, but you can also take a picture of yourself and then walk to the kitchen and make dinner, all while being super warm and cozy and not worrying about your blanket falling in your Thai noodles. Amazing, right?

I'm debating whether I can wear this to work tomorrow morning. Thoughts?

3 comments:

Laura said...

This is just another one of your lame attempts to become a jedi and therefore make Hayden fall in love with you, isn't it? ISN'T IT?!?

Also, I like your room - very snazzy.

Sarah said...

How did you know!?

Laura said...

Sarah! Apparently my grandma watched infomercials for this blanket (is it called a "snuggly"?), and couldn't stop watching until she bought two of them! Unfortunately, one wasn't for me. Boo! But snugglies are now the butt of many family jokes.