November 11, 2008

Toast-It Notes

It’s time for another edition of weird consumer products of which I inexplicably must have. Today’s product comes to you from the fine people at Yanko Design, who have officially decided writing on paper is so 2007. Oh yes, throw your post-it notes away, and say hello to toast-it notes!


With this handy little toaster gadget, you can brand messages into your cattle, I mean bread.

Oh, to count the number of times I wished I could write myself a reminder to pick up toilet paper, only to be surrounded by loaves and loaves of bread and no paper or writing utensil to be found. At long last, problem solved! (Toast message: I know you're eating, but TOILET PAPER)

Oh, to count the number of times I’ve made breakfast for kids while babysitting, only to suddenly have a crippling fear of ink and am unable to communicate that they must pick up their toys or they can't watch Dora the Explorer. At long last, problem solved! (Toast message: Either your toys go or Dora does)

Oh, to count the number of times I’ve made toast for my severely hungover friends, lost my voice and am desperately wondering how to remind them that they should have paid attention to my warnings about the perils of binge drinking…at long last! (Toast message: Told you so. P.S. don't puke on me)

1 comment:

Laura said...

If I hadn't just bought a toaster yesterday, I would demand that you get me one of these for xmas.

Oh what the hell, get one for me anyways.