One of my favorite stores in the whole wide universe of storedom is Anthropologie. Despite ridiculously expensive price tags, I love the whole whimsical bourgeois bohemian thing they've got going on. It speaks to my inner crafty hippy/hipster librarian/ultra-femme 1940s persona. It's very "Oh this eclectic little frock and charming bowl with a giraffe on it? A quaint country woman sold them to me at a little French flea market."Every time I step foot in the place, I want to buy everything. So as to not tempt myself, I usually make a beeline for the Sale Room. The Sale Room is like my Mecca. I make a special pilgrimage there and worship the amazing sale prices.
I was perusing Anthropologie's newest print catalog and it seems that the powers that be are attempting to further seduce me by featuring children and puppies. Congratulations, for their strategy has worked. Example: I want to be best friends with this girl and raid her closet.
Puppy! (And dear God do I want those shoes.)
But here is the most unintentionally hilarious photo of all:
Although the kid in the front is trying to distract me with the cane, saddle shoes, limp hand, and jaunty hat perched upon an Afro... the girl in the back! The girl in the back! Does she not look like Harry Potter's Dolores Umbridge crossed with Grey Gardens' Edith "Little Edie" Bouvier Beale?Umbridge:

Little Edie
2 comments:
I dunno - I've gotta say that kid in the front does make me want to buy that thing he's wearing. What is that, by the way? A poncho?
haha, Sarah I don't know how these little thoughts pop into your head but the very fact of the matter is, you have professor Umbridge on your BLOG! haha, I love it! She was such a nasty, batty old lady, I wanted to just punch her fake teeth right out of that horrid mouth of hers!
Post a Comment