Hello, and welcome to another edition of Don't Crap On This. I'm your host, that girl who used to post here and had some semblance of a normal social life, but now is working full time and is knee deep in grad school (that sounds dirty...you're welcome). Today we're going to talk about a theme. Namely one in entertainment where:
- Original source material starts out great
- And is being adapted into something else
- And has the potential to be awful and ruin the original thing and thus,
- Don't Crap On This
Item #1: Movie Version of The Great Gatsby

Crazy incredible book being turned into a seemingly legit movie. Carey Mulligan. Leo. Baz. I literally don't know how they can fuck this up. DO NOT FUCK THIS UP. Also, hello hot Leo. We've missed you.
Item #2: Movie Version of The Hunger Games
So the trailer to the first Hunger Games movie came out this week and it looks...pretty good? Cautiously optimistic here. I think I'm going to like Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, but am still not on board with Miley Cyrus' boyfriend as Gale. 100% behind Lenny Kravitz and his gold eyeliner as Cinna, however.
Also, today asked my coworker if he ever read The Hunger Games. He said no and asked if it's about a small child who goes around saying "These games! They're making me so hungry!" I told him yes.
Item #3: American Version of Misfits

I love the UK show Misfits, which is about a group of youngsters (I'm 95) who are given community service and then get superpowers after this crazy electrical storm occurs. And it was recently announced that an American version is in the works. Have we learned nothing from Skins, people? It's being developed by Josh Schwartz, creator of The OC, and long live Seth Cohen and everything, but major side eye in his general direction. I think I will stick with the originals above, as I'm not sure how this will be adapted for American television:
1 comment:
nice post... i like the blog so much... :-)
Post a Comment