What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Rode a high-speed train.
Did anyone close to you give birth? My cousin gave birth to baby Charlie. I had a food baby.
Did anyone close to you die? This was kind of the year of death unfortunately, most notably losing two grandparents in the span of 5 months.
What places did you visit? Spain, Boston, Florida, Minnesota, Wisconsin
What was your biggest achievement of the year? Winning 10 free sandwiches from Potbelly's after my business card was picked out of their bowl. Ok, that actually happened this week but I am still psyched. The last time I won something? I was 7 and won a stuffed bunny for winning a coloring contest.
What was your biggest failure? Buying a sofa for the new apartment off Craigslist, renting a U-haul truck to transport said sofa, having 4 people help us get the sofa out of some dude's 3rd floor apartment via winding alleyway stairs. Then unloading it and bringing the sofa to new apartment and then failing to fit it through our freakishly small entryway. And then having the sofa sit in the hall for two weeks and having management yell at me while I tried to sell the damn thing on Craigslist. Fail. But I did sell it for more than I paid for it, including the U-haul costs! So who's laughing now? (Everyone...at me).
Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope, I have reached 2011 unscathed.
What was the best thing you bought? Plane ticket to Spain.
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? All involved with the Westboro Baptist Church, the bus driver who did not stop for me even though he TOTALLY SAW ME, the Trader Joe's cashier who said they were out of peppermint Joe Joe's.
What do you wish you’d done more of? Hanging out with friends. Working full-time, school part-time and odd freelance jobs made my social life kind of fall to the way side.
What was your favorite TV program? Lost (sob), Misfits (SO GOOD look it up), Glee (minus mr. Schue), So You Think You Can Dance (always), I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant (a heartbreaking work of staggering genius).
What did you do for your birthday in 2010? Passion Pit concert and funk dance party at Danny's.
What was the best book you read? Little Bee
What did you want and get? A DVR!!!
What did you want and not get? A sofa.
What was your favorite film of the year? Social Network, Easy A, Toy Story 3.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Some sort of weekly massage/ice-cream combo.
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Darren Criss. Andrew Garfield.
What political issue stirred you the most? Don't Ask Don't Tell.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. As lame is this sounds, be yourself. Also, do not eat a hot dog from the Des Plaines oasis gas station. Actually, don't ever eat a hot dog from any gas station. Also, measure shit before you buy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment