I just returned from a week spent in Minnesota and Wisconsin for the holidays. There's always something about being around family and walking into rooms that I've walked into millions of times before, rooms that look exactly as they always have, that makes me think of my childhood.
Moments still come where I just really miss being a kid. That total lack of responsibility. Where you know other people are always there to take care of you. Where the best days are comprised of a successful game of capture the flag or swimming to the island or making a fort in the woods. I guess I've always kind of been a sucker for nostalgia. I like the bittersweet-ness of it all.
And that is why on this December evening, I've decided to compile a list the top five songs that sound like my childhood.
#1 Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bob Marley
#2 Do Wah Diddy - Manfred Man
#3 You Can Call Me All - Paul Simon
#4 Jack and Diane - John Mellencamp
#5 Beat It - Michael Jackson
No comments:
Post a Comment