April 23, 2008

Then & Now

Ze Frank* created the YOUNG ME - NOW ME project encouraging people to submit photos of themselves as kids and then a photo of their adult selves recreating that same photo. Such a great idea. I really want to submit one, but can't since all my childhood photos are home in Minnesota and I'm at school. Then again, maybe that's a blessing in disguise. I did look like a stoned Elvis for the first half year of my life. You think I'm kidding. I am not. Don't doubt the former existence of my huge black afro and huge blue eyes.

Here's Ze's submission (note awesome "I'm scared/I'm about to hurl/Don't hurt my kitty" facial expression):



I also like this one:







*Ze Frank is a silly, smart, talented internet performer who has his own website, complete with games, group projects, animations and educational videos like "How to Dance Properly". He also had an awesome 2006/2007 daily video blog. His site is a great place to go on the inter-webs if you're bored and avoiding doing something productive. It even won a Webby Award and was mentioned in TIME magazine's "50 Coolest Websites" a while back.

In my opinion,
this and
this and
this are some of his best videos. I totally sing the "Hindsight" song every time I'm hungover and phone dancing is quite possibly the best sport ever invented. Besides flonkerton.

P.S. This post is exceptionally link-y. You're welcome.

No comments: