
Wagamama. It's a fun word to say. Try it. Out loud. See? Fun. The word means "naughty child" in Japanese. It is also the name of a tasty Asian fusion noodle bar chain. In the UK, Wagamamas (hee) are all over the place. Wagamama was even voted London's most popular restaurant by the Zagat, even beating out Nobu. You can also find them in several international locations (coughaucklandnewzealandmisspottercough).
The food is fast, relatively inexpensive (nothing is above $14), and above all yummy. You've got your ramen and stir-fry and udon noodles and Japanese curry (karee). You've got miso soup, lemon grass, edamame, and green tea. It's sweet and salty and spicy all rolled into one.

The sad thing was, when I left London I had a udon noodle-shaped hole in my heart. But fantastic news! Wagamama has begun its move stateside! Two spanking new Wagamamas are now in Boston - one in Faneuil Hall, the other in Cambridge. The British chef overseeing the openings is Barnaby Godden, which is such a deliciously British name that it kills me. I'll be able to fulfill my craving during my visit to Boston next weekend, where I plan to drag family members to the Cambridge location in Harvard Square.
No comments:
Post a Comment